POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Heightfields and placing objects : Re: Heightfields and placing objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfields and placing objects
From: Twyst
Date: 5 Apr 1998 07:30:42
Message: <6g7mn2$8fc$1@oz.aussie.org>
Johannes Hubert wrote in message <6g7lmj$8eh$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>Hi!
>
>Has anybody found a good procedure how to *easily* and *quickly* place
other
>objects "on" heightfields in Moray? Like placing houses, trees, rocks etc.
>on a heightfield-landscape...
>The way I do it now involves quite a lot of "educated guessing", playing
>with the water-level to hide heightfield details and in general a lot of
>trial and error.

Actually, TMpov has this feature.. Apparently Jamis added it, and I forgot
to update the docs. =/
I'll update my site, with the correct docs, as well as compiled binaries for
HP-UX and RedHat Linux, probably tommorrow. (it's 4 am here, and I be
tired. )
The current source is available on my site as well. :)
Unfortunately, it's not in Moray. :/

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://twyst.home.ml.org
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom