POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : shell to povray : Re: shell to povray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shell to povray
From: Mike Weber
Date: 25 Mar 1998 10:14:25
Message: <6fb6s6$amg$1@oz.aussie.org>
Since the application is in Windows, I'll be using POVRay for windows.  The
output of POVRay can be redirected to a file, but the statistics appears
only after the rendering is complete.  I noticed that Lutz wrote a DLL to
improve the communciations between POVRAY and MORAY.  hmmmm  I wonder if
there's a way to tap into that???

povray.org admin team wrote in message <351### [at] newsstmuccom>...
>>For Windows, I am not sure. Try redirecting the output and error streams
>>to files, then parse these files (with Perl for instance), or try with
pipes.
>>For DOS, the probability of this being possible is increased. For Linux,
>>it becomes 100 %. For other systems, I do not know. Anyway, you can still
use
>>the DOS command-line version of POV (which even renders faster than the
Windows
>>one), and parse the output files.
>
>If you use the DOS/Unix versions, you can pipe the actual pixels to a
program.