POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : [Q] image_map's and tranparency : [Q] image_map's and tranparency Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  [Q] image_map's and tranparency
From: Rune Winsevik
Date: 24 Mar 1998 04:03:09
Message: <6f7t1m$5bo$1@oz.aussie.org>
If I use a gif file as  an image_map the "filter all" statement works
fine, but if I use a tga file
as the image_map the transparency don't work! How come? Can POV-Ray use
any other
file formats than gif/tga/png as image_maps? I'd very much like to stick
to the true color tga
texture maps instead of the GIFs, but right now they are unavoidable...

This is how the worling line looks:

  pigment { image_map { gif "C:\temp\57.gif" interpolate 2 filter all
0.32}}

And this yields an non-transparent surface:

  pigment { image_map { tga "C:\temp\57.tga" interpolate 2 filter all
0.32}}

Thanks for any help!

-Rune

Remove "SPAM?NO!" to reply. My home is at: http://home.sol.no/~runew