POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Jan 2009 05:06:26
Message: <68FE4234D83B40F4A862D313E34F8D45@HomePC>

No, you had to switch modes (and deal with saving state et al).  Mainly
because... wait for it...  it's the same unit!

X87 and SSE both use the same units on the processor.  Even MMX shared
the same units (to some extremely limited extent).  You can't use them
both at the same time, because of the operating mode (like 16bit and
32bit code, you can't run them both at the same time, though you *could*
switch between them).

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com