POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crypt (WIP) : Re: Crypt (WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crypt (WIP)
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 30 Jul 2024 04:36:22
Message: <66a8a606$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/07/2024 17:43, Chris R wrote:
> This is a work-in-progress inspired by the Crypt of Saint Antoninus with a bit
> of artistic license.
>
> Since I wanted to be able to implement walls with irregularly sized blocks, I
> did not use my brick macros, but constructed the walls from individual blocks
> with some algorithms for fitting them together in a pleasing manner.  This
> applies to the arches as well, and includes some macros for building walls
> around the arches.
>
> The basic scene is in pretty good shape, and I am starting to work on additional
> details to make it more interesting, like objects resting on the altar.  The
> crown on the tomb to the left is hard to make out, so I'll be playing with that
> as well.
>
> It actually renders pretty quickly, so I am thinking about creating an animation
> with the sun coming down the stairs at different times of day.
>
> -- Chris R.

Really excellent.

The lighting with the torches is incredibly realistic.

If I had to make one criticism, it would be that in some places, the
shadows of the stones are too pronounced. This gives the impression of
horizontal black lines that are a little unpleasant, especially at the
back of the crypt.

Congrat.

--
Kurtz le pirate