POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crypt (WIP) : Re: Crypt (WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crypt (WIP)
From: MichaelJF
Date: 29 Jul 2024 15:05:38
Message: <66a7e802@news.povray.org>
Am 29.07.2024 um 17:43 schrieb Chris R:
> This is a work-in-progress inspired by the Crypt of Saint Antoninus with a bit
> of artistic license.
>
> Since I wanted to be able to implement walls with irregularly sized blocks, I
> did not use my brick macros, but constructed the walls from individual blocks
> with some algorithms for fitting them together in a pleasing manner.  This
> applies to the arches as well, and includes some macros for building walls
> around the arches.
>
> The basic scene is in pretty good shape, and I am starting to work on additional
> details to make it more interesting, like objects resting on the altar.  The
> crown on the tomb to the left is hard to make out, so I'll be playing with that
> as well.
>
> It actually renders pretty quickly, so I am thinking about creating an animation
> with the sun coming down the stairs at different times of day.
>
> -- Chris R.
Very nice modelled, textured and lighted. The arches look, as if the
vault had survived the one or other earthquake. So, I propose to add the
one or other small crevice to the walls.

Indeed, the crown could use some more attention. I noticed it before
reading your text and wondered what it could be.

Best regards
Michael