POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crypt (WIP) : Re: Crypt (WIP) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crypt (WIP)
From: Josh English
Date: 29 Jul 2024 13:16:20
Message: <66a7ce64$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/29/2024 8:43 AM, Chris R wrote:
> This is a work-in-progress inspired by the Crypt of Saint Antoninus with a bit
> of artistic license.

Wow. Just...

Wow.

> Since I wanted to be able to implement walls with irregularly sized blocks, I
> did not use my brick macros, but constructed the walls from individual blocks
> with some algorithms for fitting them together in a pleasing manner.  This
> applies to the arches as well, and includes some macros for building walls
> around the arches.

That is a very cool effect and I love the unevenness of the stones in
the arches.

> The basic scene is in pretty good shape, and I am starting to work on additional
> details to make it more interesting, like objects resting on the altar.  The
> crown on the tomb to the left is hard to make out, so I'll be playing with that
> as well.

There's a crown? I can't see it at all -- oh, wait. The tomb is on the
left side of the image. Now I see it. I thought the central bit in the
back was the actual tomb. Silly me.

The stone textures are great. Oddly the altar and pillar look out of
place because the pattern seems so obviously "POV-Ray" if you get my drift.

Otherwise this is magnificent.

-- Uncle Josh