POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Alt v4.0 facets pattern interface. (yuqk R15 v0.6.9.0) : Re: Alt v4.0 facets pattern interface. (yuqk R15 v0.6.9.0) Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alt v4.0 facets pattern interface. (yuqk R15 v0.6.9.0)
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 5 Jun 2024 11:02:49
Message: <66607e19@news.povray.org>
On 6/5/24 09:04, jr wrote:
> 5) The internal code used a crackle implementation but it is an older

First, the above bit should have read:

5) The internal code uses a crackle implementation, but it is an older...

And correct, I was referring to the 'metric' keyword not being mentioned
as a 'facets' pattern / perturbation option when it is supported:

https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Facets_Pattern

At the moment I'm unsure if I'll change any of the existing 'facets'
core code(a). However, I did want to set up to take a run at adding
additional types along the lines of the facets pattern I posted about
last fall to the existing 'facets' perturbation wrapper. See:

https://news.povray.org/povray.pov4.discussion.general/thread/%3C652b157c%40news.povray.org%3E/

Bill P.

(a) - I can somewhat see how the type 0 / flat form of 'facets' could be
converted to our current 'crackle' implementation (facets is still
missing the 'form' capability which could be cool). I'm a lot less clear
on how I might adapt (or replace) the type 2 / curved surface approach.
In any case, the up front plan is to get one or more of my facet ideas
running as types 3,4,... so I can play. :-)