POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : N240SY0.0000001 : Re: N240SY0.0000001 Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: N240SY0.0000001
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 May 2024 11:31:33
Message: <663b9ad5$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/8/24 09:26, yesbird wrote:
> Could you please share a code of this 'moss and grass' ?

Attached is something like what I used - it produces the bottom part of
the attached image... The coloring comes from Ingo's light colors.

I don't have the original scene anymore as I was playing with this and
that. Plus, I was using my yuqk fork for which the "numerical issues"
are a little different the official releases of POV-Ray. This shown in
the top row of the attached image where on the left is Ingo's original
at 1e-3 and the same rendered with the yuqk fork on the right(*)

The biggest changes for the fuzzier results was not using the larger
positive sphere and changing the negative squashed spheres into positive
components.

Bill P.

(*) - Part of what is happening in the original posted scene is that as
we scale down in y, except for the edges, the negative components start
to cleave off little round bits of the  larger sphere rather than blunt
it in a faceted way. The yuqk fork shows this a little better, because
it's numerical accuracy with blobs is a little better.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ingo_blobnumeric_3.jpg' (69 KB) Download 'ingo_blobnumeric_3.pov.txt' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'ingo_blobnumeric_3.jpg'
ingo_blobnumeric_3.jpg