POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Do you rememb CGSphere ? : Re: Do you rememb CGSphere ? Server Time
17 May 2024 17:58:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you rememb CGSphere ?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 27 Jan 2024 15:25:34
Message: <65b566be$1@news.povray.org>
On 2024-01-26 13:17 (-4), kurtz le pirate wrote:

> Too bad this project is dead. The site doesn't even exist anymore.

There is an active CGSphere group in the Zuckisphere:

  https://www.facebook.com/groups/194474654695

Some of us have reposted our spheres there.

I still have the include files for creating CGSpheres with POV-Ray, and
I have made some modifications to suit my needs.  Unfortunately, I do
not know the intellectual property rights status of these files;
otherwise, I'd post them.  If I'm not mistaken, Trevor G. Quayle made
the adaptation for POV-Ray, but I haven't seen him around lately.

> As you can see, some of the horizontal grid lines disappear depending on
> the image size. It's a basic texture
>
> [snip]
>
> Any idea how to avoid this problem ?

In addition to stochastic anti-aliasing (+AM3) or zero threshold
(+A0.0), which were mentioned by others, two more solutions are depth of
field (which is also stochastic), and rendering at a large size and then
downsizing the image.  2400 x 2400, which is 3 times the "official"
size, is sufficient to catch all the lines with the setup I downloaded
long ago.