POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : one source, two images : Re: one source, two images Server Time
17 May 2024 17:59:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: one source, two images
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 19 Nov 2023 02:15:46
Message: <6559b622$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/18/23 11:50, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> when rendering WFP's "op art" scene[*] from 2014, I get different images,
> depending whether I use a "stock" POV-Ray (3.8, both alpha and beta.2), or WFP's
> own (6e4ed6c2), see attached.
>
> [*] <https://news.povray.org/53b35d39%40news.povray.org>
>
> regards, jr.

Hi.

v3.7 renders the bottom version too.

My vague recollection is that some time during v3.71->v3.8 development a
typo was introduced somewhere in the class set up for the spiral 1 & 2
patterns. We ended up with two spiral1(s) or two spiral2(s) instead of
one of each - or something similar to that. Likely in pattern.h or
pattern.cpp or both.

I thought I'd mentioned it somewhere out here in the news groups, but
looks like I did not add the fix to any of my commit messages - so maybe
not.  I was just something I saw while working on other issues.

I'm fighting a northern hemisphere cold/flu/bug at the moment so I don't
feel like doing any more rooting around.

Bill P.