POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Authentic Dutch Stroopwafels : Re: Authentic Dutch Stroopwafels Server Time
17 May 2024 22:41:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Authentic Dutch Stroopwafels
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Aug 2023 02:32:52
Message: <64eee294$1@news.povray.org>
Op 29/08/2023 om 16:54 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> My last trip to the Netherlands was almost 50 years ago, so I don't
> remember if I had any stroopwafels in the wild.  Is this the sort of
> product that can survive mass production, packaging, and a trip across
> the Atlantic and still taste like I'm in a cafe in Amsterdam?

LOL!
I would like to see the back of the package: is there an ingredients
list (not the one on front!). Otherwise, this looks like the authentic
stuff, and as they also send worldwide (I looked them up) well packaged,
they should survive, taste (remembrance!) and all.

The question would be of course, /what/ did you taste in that cafe in
Amsterdam? There are all kinds of brands, from home made (or labelled as
such) to mass production. I suppose you had one of the latter ones.
However, just try them! :-)

[Fifty years ago? I lived in Amsterdam from 1966 till 1977 (with a brief
interlude to North Africa in '75-'76). Our ways could have crossed...]

--
Thomas