POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with the mesh camera : Re: Playing with the mesh camera Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with the mesh camera
From: Josh English
Date: 20 May 2023 22:27:04
Message: <64698178$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/20/2023 10:02 AM, Kenneth wrote:
> Honestly, some of that documentation I don't understand at all. 😅  In the
> meshcam_persp_demo file-- in the camera{mesh_camera{ ... block, there*is*  a
> location <0,0,-.01> (not to be confused with the camera's c_location). I've
> tried changing that z value various ways; and a few times, I had an 'Aha!'
> moment-- only to find that it messed up something else that I was trying. Some
> of the features seem to be interconnected(?) But I haven't run through ALL the
> permutations of things yet.*sigh*

The camera location is the offset from the individual triangles. If you
had a positive z value you'd shoot the rays the opposite way from the
mesh, reversing the triangle normals and probably not getting anything
exciting. I've experimented with sliding the location around the XY
plane but it doesn't seem to have any cool effects like slanting the
image or anything.