POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Borked diacritical marks : Re: Borked diacritical marks Server Time
30 Apr 2024 01:57:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Borked diacritical marks
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Apr 2023 21:51:03
Message: <642b8287$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/3/23 08:33, William F Pokorny wrote:
> Bald Eagle asked me if I'd dug into this issue. I'd not - though I had
> some guesses as to what might be wrong.

One of those guesses was that the marks were all present, but not
correctly placed. Meaning they were getting cut off by the automatic
bounding for each character.

Attached is a render turning off all automatic bounding(a) in the povr
fork with -mb - which confirms this is indeed happening.

Bill P.

(a) - The -mb option here fully works only in povr where the v3.6 and
prior '-mb' behavior was restored.

You can use -mb in official v3.7, v3.8 and v4.0 releases, but it no
longer turns off the very last level of bounding around an object.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'accentedvowels_bndsoff.png' (39 KB)

Preview of image 'accentedvowels_bndsoff.png'
accentedvowels_bndsoff.png