POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 : Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 Server Time
16 Jun 2024 23:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Mar 2023 08:21:04
Message: <63ff5140$1@news.povray.org>
Op 27-2-2023 om 03:22 schreef Bald Eagle:
> Height is 4.72 inches
> Radius of body is 1.67 inches

Ok. I used this to apply to the vase in my studio setup.

1- I converted inches to centimeters
2- I used the following code by Alain to scale the vase to POV-unit scale:

http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3C60c8e000%241%40news.povray.org%3E/
3- I scaled the object the object to Real World sizes

The result is attached. Note that the grid on the pedestal is a 1 meter
square corresponding to 1 POV-unit. Subdivisions in 10 centimeter
squares. The grid was applied as an object pattern to the texture of the
pedestal.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'predynastic_vase_06.jpg' (58 KB)

Preview of image 'predynastic_vase_06.jpg'
predynastic_vase_06.jpg