POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 3 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3 Server Time
14 May 2024 12:01:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 23 Feb 2023 17:13:59
Message: <63f7e527$1@news.povray.org>
On 2023-02-23 10:47 (-4), Alain Martel wrote:
> Le 2023-02-23 à 08:49, s.day a écrit :
>> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>>>
>>> I remember both the train station scene and the fish, but it had to have
>>> been less than 20 years ago.  I don't remember where I saw them.
>>
>> Fish13.pov was I believe part of the Povray demo scene files at one
>> point.
>>
> Still is one of the demo.

Now this is weird.
 - The image fish13.png exists in my user documents directory tree.
 - The file fish13.pov exists in the root level /usr directory tree
   under povray-3.7.  (This is a Unix equivalent of the Program Files
   directory)
 - Both files are indexed in allscene/index.html in my user documents
   directory tree.
 - But the file fish13.pov is nowhere in my POV-Ray installation staging
   directory, nor in my user documents directory tree, nor in the zip
   file.

How did this scene get installed and rendered when it isn't in the 3.7
download?

The only thing I could figure is that it got installed while POV-Ray 3.7
was still in beta testing, but was deleted before the final release.  My
fish13.pov is date stamped 2013-Feb-24, which was near the end of the
release candidate phase.  (My fish13.png is date stamped 2015-Jan-03,
nearly 2 years later, but the render script searches the /usr/local
directory.)  Mike's ionic5 scene is also missing from the download.
Perhaps the dev team dropped it because they couldn't find Mike for
re-licensing?  Chris?

I cannot find the train station scene anywhere, but I know I have seen
it before.