POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Plants collection : Re: Plants collection Server Time
25 Apr 2024 21:33:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plants collection
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Feb 2023 10:42:32
Message: <63f394e8$1@news.povray.org>
Op 20-2-2023 om 15:34 schreef yesbird:
> Here I want to share my small collection of plants obtained from
> L-Studio: http://algorithmicbotany.org/virtual_laboratory/
>
> The reason I started using L-studo is because of difficulties in
> producing such detailed and complicated objects by native POV methods.
>
> I will fill it out from time to time as creating new species.
>
> Some of them has no color due to bug in L-studio export module.
> Btw, now I am looking for methods of coloring automation, based, say on
> normals, mesh density or similar.
>
> Have anyone ideas about such methods ?
>
> Download: https://github.com/syanenko/pov-plants
> --
> YB

At first approximation (I would need to see one of the models more in
detail) I guess that each element has its own geometry: stem, branch,
leaf, flower petals, etc. Normally, each geometry can get its own
texturing, maybe even uv_mapped if L-Studio supports that feature. Using
Poseray could be your friend then for what you want to do.
Alternatively, you may need a modelling program first, but that is
another matter.

--
Thomas