POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:06:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Feb 2023 07:45:17
Message: <63eb825d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/14/23 06:25, Chris Cason wrote:
> AFAICT all the messages are still in the news server but perhaps it's
> not presenting that to thunderbird in a way that it understands, at
> least in some cases?

The PBI group most reliably reports older posts my thunderbird goes back
to 2002, but not all the post show up as actually on the server. Plus,
as a reference I'm less interested in this group than others.

Moving to another group I'd like to be cleanly working for me:

povray.beta-test.binaries (where I was posting many of my ideas)
-------------------------

Post:
Function / Pattern issues. New function f_eblob().  11/22/19

Thunderbird gives me:

Article not found

The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.

     Newsgroup server responded: no such article number in this group
     Perhaps the article has expired?
     Try searching for article: <5dd8006c$1@news.povray.org> (574)

When I try your telnet suggestion:

pokorny:tmp$ telnet news.povray.org 119
Trying 203.29.75.35...
Connected to news.povray.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 news.povray.org DNEWS Version  5.7b1,, S0, posting OK
article <5dd8006c$1@news.povray.org>
430 no such article found

---

I can get / see via thunderbird:

Function / Pattern issues. Adding f_granite23,...  04/19/20

The id is: 5e9cce19@news.povray.org

pokorny:tmp$ telnet news.povray.org 119
Trying 203.29.75.35...
Connected to news.povray.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 news.povray.org DNEWS Version  5.7b1,, S0, posting OK
article <5e9cce19@news.povray.org>
... I get what looks like some large mime dump that I suspect is
due some attached images... Probably the header is there, but not sure
how to see the header in this case.

If I try exactly what you posted for the first article command, I see
more or less exactly what you posted.

---

Trying:
group povray.beta-test.binaries
211 173 199 662 povray.beta-test.binaries selected
head 199
21 199 <l5u60u4ak2fij7ocu5je8minjdemjc97mo@4ax.com> article retrieved -
head follows
From: W�odzimierz ABX Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>
Newsgroups: povray.beta-test.binaries
Subject: Re: bug with bozo pattern
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:31:39 +0100

head 662
Is OK too. It's the last time I posted to this group moving to the v4.0
thread as a better fit for ideas given v3.8's intent to release as
backed up by Christoph.

---

What to make of this? Some of my stuff is on the server and other stuff
is not?

Bill P.