POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
21 May 2024 01:58:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 1 Mar 2022 06:50:37
Message: <621e088d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/28/22 06:47, jr wrote:
> look at attached with:
>
>    $ hexdump -C hu_8.png | less
>
> that what you mean?;-)
>
> anyway, long story short, you can do in Tcl, for .png files.  install the
> 'Tcllib' package, then check out the man page (section n on my box) for 'png'.

Neat.

What particular commands and versions of TCL and Tcllib are you using?

It's been maybe 4-5 years since I played in the tcl/png sandbox but, not
too long after tcl 8.6 was first released, I found the png support from
within tcl/tk/tcllib buggy. Supposing you are finding it better?

I was primarily trying to load/create/modify/save actual image channel
data but, I don't recall even the particular 'TCL' packages and commands
I tried at the moment...

Bill P.