POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:05:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 16 Feb 2022 06:38:40
Message: <620ce240$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/15/22 07:07, Bald Eagle wrote:
> It's just a text file.

True. It's also an include which the parser must digest. With animations
the parser eats all includes, again, for each frame. Though users often
include .inc files by the handful(1), being more selective about what
needs to be included is more efficient.

I'll let your other ideas and thoughts bang around in my head for a while.

Bill P.

(1) - Via stdinc.inc as often as not.