POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:49:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 9 Feb 2022 20:21:01
Message: <6204687d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/22 13:16, William F Pokorny wrote:
> On 2/8/22 09:25, jr wrote:
>> when will/can you make this available?
>
> I'm aiming for March, but these fork information hooks are not yet even
> checked in. It's all the first pass at something I think workable and I
> fully expect to further polish the include file header and clean up the
> modified code.

Attached is a refinement of the forkversionhook.inc file. The more I
thought about Bald Eagle's idea of versioning, the more I came to
believe his "do versioning now" idea a good one. Previously, I basically
had a release/tarball count, but that could easily change.

So, this version adopts and defines POV-Ray's Major, Minor, Revision,
Patch set up as creates a new povr release/tarball counter for it's
simpler 'version' number. Code wise, I also moved the value definitions
into version.h alongside POV-Ray's normal versioning. That version.h
file already also defines well what the values mean.

For the code check in I'm about to do there will be no difference
between povr's minor version and the tarball count (next is 6). All the
other values are currently 0. Of course the earlier five povr tarballs
have none of this fork hook code.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'forkversionhook.inc.txt' (5 KB)