POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 09:49:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 9 Feb 2022 13:16:25
Message: <620404f9$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/8/22 09:25, jr wrote:
> when will/can you make this available?

I'm aiming for March, but these fork information hooks are not yet even
checked in. It's all the first pass at something I think workable and I
fully expect to further polish the include file header and clean up the
modified code.

That said, I've begun doing some sanity checking that performance
related changes implemented over the past few months, hold for the -o3
-ffast-math -march=native and configure --enable-lto compiles where I
intend to use my povr branch personally.

The --enable-lto option, especially, is too painful to use during day to
day development, but I certainly want to use it when really rendering
scenes.

I've done a fair bit to slow povr code down too in fixing bugs and
adding options. Trying too, to check none of those cause too much slow
down as compiled and linked for real use.

Bill P.