POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiral : Re: Spiral Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:34:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 8 Feb 2022 16:40:50
Message: <6202e362$1@news.povray.org>
On 2022-02-03 11:19 (-4), Cousin Ricky wrote:

> Still tuning the macro, but it's essentially done.  This image is made
> with spheres and cylinders, but it can easily be switched to a sphere_sweep.

Spheres and cones, actually.  My macro calls SphereSweep from the Object
Collection, and on the quoted post I wasn't thinking about how
SphereSweep did its job.

I was planning to wean my macro off SphereSweep, but then it occurred to
me that a sudden change in color might be too drastic a change in sphere
sizes to connect with a cone.  I'm talking degenerate cone and square
root of a negative number parse errors here.  SphereSweep handles these
complications automatically, so I'm just going to keep it as a prerequisite.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spiral_cones-pbi.jpg' (19 KB)

Preview of image 'spiral_cones-pbi.jpg'