POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:57:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 24 Jan 2022 06:15:39
Message: <61ee8a5b$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/23/22 10:32, jr wrote:
> running into a different problem with 'povr_6e4ed6c2', the sky_sphere code was
> originally copied from the docs, and the image renders fine with 'beta.2':
>
> File 'o22.pov' line 207:
> Possible Parse Error:
> Unmatched {
> File 'o22.pov' line 217:
> Parse Error:
> No matching }, emission found instead
> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
> Render failed
>

> 206
> 207 sky_sphere {
> 208   pigment {
> 209     gradient y
> 210     color_map {
> 211       [.5 color rgb <.74902,.847059,.847059>]
> 212       [1  color rgb <.258824,.258824,.435294>]
> 213     }
> 214     scale 2.5
> 215     translate -1
> 216   }
> 217   emission rgb <.825,.825,1>
> 218 }
> 219
>

> also, I'm currently playing with some code where I frequently use the rtr
> feature to get a quick "all-round" look at an object, and it works beautifully.
> so good in fact that I'd love to be able to put that preview in a frame in a
> frontend, any news on the '-win $id' thing?:-)

Thanks.

In current and future povr releases the sky_sphere emission keyword
should instead be 'amplify'.

The 'amplify' keyword being a block oriented color multiplier vector in
povr. These multipliers exist already to some extent under different
keyword names and where they don't I've been adding them.

Aside: The sky_sphere's 'emission' keyword was always only a color
vector multiplier. Backgrounds and sky_spheres always emit light in the
radiosity sense.

No news on the -win id thing. The end of the year was both busy and
bumpy health wise for me. Truth is I'm mostly only now getting back to
last work left hanging last October. :-)

Bill P.