POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pov vortex tile (~38k) : Re: pov vortex tile (~38k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov vortex tile (~38k)
From: Pete
Date: 28 Nov 2000 21:33:39
Message: <619.367T445T12843554PeterC@nym.alias.net>
>On 24 Nov 2000 11:13:46 -0500, Pete <Pet### [at] nymaliasnet> wrote:

>>        Here is a different way to tile an image in povray.
>>Source in povray.text.scene-files, subject "vortex_tile_2step".

>Excellent!

        Thank you!  I'm curious to see what you all can do with this.
One thing needs improvement: the method seems a bit involved, but
I couldn't figure out a way to skip a step and still get the effect.
One thing I've since started doing to save space (the intermediate
image file is nine meg!) is have the first .pov script output a png
instead of a tga (for the compression of the png file format)

Pete