POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GitHub discourages organization : Re: GitHub discourages organization Server Time
2 May 2024 02:08:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GitHub discourages organization
From: Chris Cason
Date: 19 Aug 2021 22:03:08
Message: <611f0d5c$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/08/2021 11:43, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I'd second that.  Sourcetree is amazing for those who don't like CLI, and
> for even those who do, it is very useful.

Thirded. I've used sourcetree in my day job and it's a good tool. Don't
use it anymore as we shifted to SmartGit, but they are roughly equivalent.

The only time I don't use a GUI for git is for basic change management
on the povray server. For that the CLI is fine.

While a UI isn't a requirement for using git, having one makes managing
more complex projects way easier.

-- Chris