POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:40:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Aug 2021 08:24:19
Message: <610e7b73$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/08/2021 18:12, clipka wrote:
> Did I mention that I do not have access to the POV-Ray web server? Nor
> do I really care to get such access. It's not the kind of work I want to
> put on my plate. I'm no good at it.

Yeah I don't blame you. Before the crash the old system was hanging on
with chewing gum and sticky-tape. Now that we're up to date with all the
latest libs and PHP version it's a little more amenable to having
another person edit stuff, but it's still very much a case of 'ssh into
the server and edit the PHP pages with VI'. All pages require
interleaving of PHP and HTML as the website theme and individual page
sections are pulled in from a common PHP library.

Oh, and there's no staging environment so all edits go live instantly
:). If I forget to close a PHP statement or leave off a semicolon the
entire page breaks (or the entire site if it's one of our include files ...)

I could set up a staging environment now that I've got plenty of disk
space and have started managing the website with git, but I didn't think
there was a pressing need (and your above comment confirms that).

-- Chris