POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image posting : Re: First image posting Server Time
30 Apr 2024 18:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image posting
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Jun 2021 10:50:38
Message: <60d49bbe$1@news.povray.org>
Op 23-6-2021 om 20:17 schreef Chris R:

> Still not completely happy with the look and texture of the mortar, but I think
> these bricks are a big improvement on the original without individually creating
> each brick.

Agreed. Still, I have a problem with the vertical 'roughness' of the
bricks and the horizontal 'roughness' of the mortar. Try to give that
some turbulence (warp {turbulence <0.01, 0.1, 0.01>} for instance for
the mortar and warp {turbulence <0.1, 0.01, 0.01>} for the bricks) and
scale that 'roughness' also up for the bricks. It should not have the
same apparent size as the mortar.

--
Thomas