POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Initial povr branch keywords id_type() and id_types_match() : Re: Initial povr branch keywords id_type() and id_types_match() Server Time
28 Apr 2024 11:01:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Initial povr branch keywords id_type() and id_types_match()
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 29 May 2021 07:54:53
Message: <60b22b8d$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/29/21 2:53 AM, jr wrote:
> if that implies that the enumeration is sort of stable, perhaps it can be
> "pressed into service"?

It is in service with is_type(), but is itself not stable as keywords
and keyword groupings change. Could an 'intended stable' form be created
/ maintained - sure. Is it worth the trouble - ehhh...

> re the 'is_type()' code -- SDL user me says "Yes".:-)   fwiw, I like this:
>
>    #if (id_type(_mary[1]) != Mcr_id_type("Star dust falls"))
>
> "idiom" a lot.
>
> (also made me wonder what was playing on your radio while you wrote that code.
> UFO's "Prince Kajuku"??  "Catch a falling star put it in your pocket..."

References to 'radio' will lead the kids reading to think we're ancient.
The youtube link was perhaps enough to fool em - that we're playing with
POV-Ray won't help. ;-)

As for what's playing in my head... A storm, always about three beats
from incoherence. When I listen to music while coding, it's
meaningful-vocal-less. Thinking, reading, coding in a public place where
the sounds are a vibration, where only an occasional word or two pops to
the surface, is best.

Anyhow. Let me know when I've gone over the edge - another one. I'm
still upright - I think.

Bill P.