POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : vectors.inc Attn: Tor Olav (povr branch work) : vectors.inc Attn: Tor Olav (povr branch work) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  vectors.inc Attn: Tor Olav (povr branch work)
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 28 May 2021 09:16:07
Message: <60b0ed17$1@news.povray.org>
OK, I think I've gotten your vectors.inc merged into - and alongside -
the core includes of my povr branch. With vectors.inc becoming one of
the core include files.

Ended up... Sometimes wrapping macros in transforms.inc and math.inc to
call your versions. Sometimes leaving the existing, roughly-equivalent
macros but recommending your version in comments - and using yours over
the old versions otherwise in the core include files.

As anticipated some minor changes in declared IDs due povr's lower case
checking.

Added basic self testing of all the macros as a block appended to the
bottom.

Turned out well. Thank you!

Only suggestion I'll make has to do with the documentation on your
github page at: ttps://github.com/t-o-k/Useful-POV-Ray-macros.

With the VectorsFromTransform() and VectorsFromTransformFunction(),
where you are showing the initialization of v_X, v_Y, v_Z and p_T, ahead
of the macro calls; you could use the, new to v3.8, tuple initialization
syntax. For example:

#declare (v_X,v_Y,v_Z,p_T) = (<0,0,0>,<0,0,0>,<0,0,0>,<0,0,0>);

Bill P.