POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ignorance rules! : Re: Ignorance rules! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:44:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ignorance rules!
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 27 May 2021 05:57:26
Message: <60af6d06$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/26/21 10:58 PM, clipka wrote:
> Can you help me out which pull request of yours that would have been,
> for which I suggested the use of PRECISE_FLOAT?

Related to selective use of long doubles where the hardware supports
80/96 bits or more.

There is today no value to you or the POV-Ray code mainstream to dig
into this. It's my code base stuck with something once thought might be
of value which - knowing what I know today - isn't. It doesn't hurt
anything other than my code's esthetics to have it sitting in there. It
just bugs me that it is there.

Bill P.