POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure : Re: Server failure Server Time
4 May 2024 05:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server failure
From: clipka
Date: 25 May 2021 16:05:57
Message: <60ad58a5@news.povray.org>
Am 15.03.2021 um 03:10 schrieb Chris Cason:

> The NNTP server is the first to be brought back online and at the time I
> post this is the only service running and publicly accessible. Posts
> made here will eventually migrate to the web view once that's sorted and
> back up; in the meantime only NNTP users will see this message.

Just trying to slowly get back up to speed, reading up on what's been
happening while I wasn't looking, and found that Thunderbird refused to
load a suspiciously large number of messages from back then, saying they
didn't exist anymore. Tried to repair the index, and now all messages
from 2019 seem to have been gone entirely (as well as a few months
before and after).

Could that be related to the March 9 server failure, or was there an
earlier separate problem that ate all the posts?