POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Installation thread : Re: POV-Ray Installation thread Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:46:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Installation thread
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 May 2021 07:58:18
Message: <609bc2da@news.povray.org>
Op 12-5-2021 om 13:17 schreef Bald Eagle:

>> This installation info was given by Clipka in
>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-alpha.10064268
>
> Yes, I recall that, as well as the discussion about renaming the .chm help file.
>
>> However, in Windows, I use a more 'intuitive' way
>
> Here, I think is where a screenshot or other graphic output of the directory
> tree structure would be really nice for the documentation.
>

>> But maybe this is common knowledge? I don't know.
>
> I've learned to make as close to zero assumptions about "common knowledge" as
> possible, especially when doing instructional or documentation work.

Absolutely right! I make amends ;-) Please find two screenshots of  the
tree structure. Let me know if you need anything else.

> What was common knowledge in the 14th century as opposed to now?
> The use of slide rules was "common knowledge" for 200+ years - and then *POOF*
> we collectively forgot.
> [snip] >
> So I'm gonna try to write as much of it down as I can this time in one place and
> make a PDF of it, and maybe most of it can wind up on the download page - which
> can be the download and install page.  ;)

Very true what you write. I was afraid of stating the 'obvious' that
"everybody knows /that/, stupid!" :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'screenshot_01.jpg' (191 KB) Download 'screenshot_02.jpg' (45 KB)

Preview of image 'screenshot_01.jpg'
screenshot_01.jpg

Preview of image 'screenshot_02.jpg'
screenshot_02.jpg