POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:54:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 May 2021 04:23:31
Message: <609a3f03$1@news.povray.org>
Op 11-5-2021 om 09:50 schreef Dave Blandston:
>> And thanks for testing! In the meantime, I have finished a preliminary
>> macro architecture including also the polished version and the veins.
>> Very soon now, I shall post a beta for everybody to shoot at. Stay attuned!
>
> I do have one suggestion, which is to replace "#declare" with "#local" for
> everything except the finished materials. I ran into one conflict. (It was a
> function denoted by the single letter "K.")

Which is/will be done indeed in the upcoming macro version.

"K" would point to the Bald Eagle Step Noise contribution. It is not yet
entirely well-integrated. However, I never had conflicts with it, so
maybe you got a special case?

> I am very excited about this project! After experimenting a little more I'm
> convinced this is a major development and will certainly be replacing the old
> granite in my project with this wonderful new concoction.

Thanks indeed. I am certainly satisfied with the results too. Still a
couple of things to take care of, but nothing really serious at this stage.

> By the way, what is the meaning of "Granites Intermezzo?"

I consider this series of posts as 'intermediary' between the original
exchange, starting with the Daniel Mecklenburg code upgrade, and the
upcoming beta version of a first granite set. More will follow after
that one.

> Have an awesome day!

<grin>

--