POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : foreach macro : Re: foreach macro Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: foreach macro
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 27 Apr 2021 05:58:17
Message: <6087e039$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/26/21 3:59 PM, jr wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> posting #4 of 'Foreach()'...
>
> tried to see how many levels of nested calls of 'Foreach()' POV-Ray will do,
> given that the documentation[*] does not mention a limit.  got to nine.  when I
> uncomment the line in 'm_l9', the error shown below code (attached) occurs.
> this is the "call stack" getting trashed?

Short on time today, but maybe something with turning and starting back
up the macro stack? The parse_fore.tmp file looks to contain the last
m_l10 'execution string'. Is it somehow getting run an extra time on the
ascent?

If I change m_l8 to call m_l10, I get the same error and it happens
after all four calls to m_l10 at a depth of 8.

Aside: I don't think any v3.7 version will work to debug this as the
dictionary feature is new to v3.8.

Bill P.