POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc / Proof Of Concept Server Time
29 May 2024 07:52:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc / Proof Of Concept
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Apr 2021 08:56:42
Message: <607ecf8a@news.povray.org>
I think we are on the verge of version 2.0 of granites21.inc. Thanks to
your comments important improvements have been made or are pending. So,
thank you indeed for your comprehensive contributions.

Attached are examples of the latest developments. All the textures have
been wrapped into material{} with an ior of quartz (1.6) and now include
a finish with fresnel. The tentative to use the albedo keyword however,
has been abandoned for the time being as too difficult apparently to use
in any way. Without being exclusive, thanks to Alain and Maurice, and of
course the usual suspects Bald Eagle and Kenneth.

In a next stage, the use of more elaborate macros are planned, including
sslt possibilities for instance. Bald Eagle has proposed a first version
of such a macro and I am going to study it and see how to integrate
things. In the same way, Jr proposed a HowTo html file where for
instance the content of the headers and additional info can be provided.
Thanks to both of you.

More discussions can and will follow here of course, but a new version
of the package will be uploaded in a new post in due time.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mohoganyfro2-1.jpg' (99 KB) Download 'mohoganyfro2-2.jpg' (99 KB) Download 'mohoganypol2-1.jpg' (101 KB) Download 'mohoganypol2-2.jpg' (98 KB)

Preview of image 'mohoganyfro2-1.jpg'
mohoganyfro2-1.jpg

Preview of image 'mohoganyfro2-2.jpg'
mohoganyfro2-2.jpg