POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-Fi Scene Assets : Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets Server Time
2 Jun 2024 01:44:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Apr 2021 02:21:06
Message: <60753852$1@news.povray.org>
Op 12/04/2021 om 23:39 schreef Robert McGregor:
> "Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
>> Attached is a detail of this setup.
>
> Hmm, I noticed that the previous image I posted doesn't show up in the Image
> Digest - too large maybe?
>
> Here's a 1920x720px version...

I got it without a problem.

D*** good rocks and texturing! Look like some weathered granite outcrops
with mossy overgrowing. A texture that leaves me slavering indeed ;-)

With the vegetation the scene suddenly changes from inferred desert to
savanna. I would like to see the view!

Something I noticed: both the rocks formation and the towers just barely
touch the ground. Is that on purpose? For the towers I can think of a
reason or two, but the rocks?

--
Thomas