POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc Server Time
27 Apr 2024 20:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Apr 2021 02:34:36
Message: <6073e9fc$1@news.povray.org>
Op 11/04/2021 om 14:48 schreef Mr:
> The polished one however really shows the repetition of procedural texturing too
> visibly, to the point that it breaks everything else, which would otherwise of
> course work fine for a polished material...

I have a nagging question: Is the granite pattern a /repetitive/ pattern?

Because I do not understand your comment about procedural texturing
here. In addition, I checked the result against a Real World example and
they are close. You will read in the header of granites21.inc that these
granites are based on Real World examples by the original author, and so
they are.

--
Thomas