POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : declare a variable in a function : Re: declare a variable in a function Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:57:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: declare a variable in a function
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 2 Apr 2021 13:26:31
Message: <606753c7$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/2/21 12:49 PM, ingo wrote:
> i.i.r.c. there is/was a way to declare a variable in a function. But how?
> I don't remember and can't find it in the remnants of my archive.
>
> Ingo

I'm not aware of any such feature. You can set up calculations on the
function call and the calls can be recursive.

It's therefore possible to use select to use one part of a written
function to set some values plus a usePartTwo flag, say, which would
then be used to call the same function again. The flag causing the
second - non-reursive - part of the function to run with the calculated
values/vars being passed in on the recursive call.

Bill P.