POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-Fi Scene Assets : Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets Server Time
2 Jul 2024 21:07:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Mar 2021 14:13:44
Message: <605a2fd8$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/7/21 11:18 AM, Robert McGregor wrote:

> Yes, it means swapped diagonally:
>
> upper left and lower right swap places
> lower left and upper right swap places

I figured it out - but it is NOT like scale <-1, -1, 1>.
the quadrants are swapped by _translating them, and then the middle
cross gets filled in to make the empty edges all nice and pretty.

I got the idea that this could be done using pigment {function{}}, and
it actually _works_   :O

I have it half worked out, it's slow, and I still need to layer the 2
textures to create the final infinitely repeatable tile, but hopefully I
will finish that up after I get some other stuff out of the way.