POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure : Re: Server failure Server Time
14 Jun 2024 12:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server failure
From: Ash Holsenback
Date: 23 Mar 2021 10:19:47
Message: <6059f903$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/23/21 9:28 AM, Thorsten wrote:
> On 23.03.2021 13:28, Ash Holsenback wrote:
>> ah ok... you posting here reminded me of one other item i needed to
>> look at is the multilink extension you implemented. i see 6 files in
>> the tarball that chris made available. i don't see /any/ mysql calls
>> that need to be converted to mysqli... appears you're doing it
>> differently. want me to email you an archive of those files so you can
>> review/bless/decide /not/ to implement your code.
>
> Does it even still work? It was very fragile depending on MediaWiki
> version...
>
> Thorsten

yes it was working before the crash... however a /big/ performance hit
when editing/saving the reserved keywords page (it's loaded with
multi-links). having said that... i'm in favor of backing this extension
out. not sure what the busted link fallout will be. i'm hoping isolated
because i've /not/ been using the format. lol... remember i was /not/
pleased with the implementation, because at the release (last minute) i
had to find a way to deal with those links. i think i /might/ be able to
coax wikidocgen to help find them because i already have a case test in
the code.