POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure : Re: Server failure Server Time
2 May 2024 18:10:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server failure
From: Chris Cason
Date: 20 Mar 2021 18:54:43
Message: <60567d33@news.povray.org>
On 21/03/2021 01:09, Ash Holsenback wrote:
> ash@rogue:/users/ash/POV-Ray/WikiDocGen $ mysqladmin version

> Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.
>

> if you've seen anything on this ( before i start poking ) let me know

Since we're restoring from .SQL files MariaDB 10 should be fine. I could
possibly even install that on the server, though ideally I'd prefer to
use MySQL 5.7 for the wiki as that's what I'm using for everything else.

TBH it probably doesn't matter as long as you export your final setup
into SQL queries (like mysqldump does) as we could import them into
MySQL. My only concern about that would be that the mysql database
itself (user and privilege stuff) may not be compatible, so for those
you'd need to keep a copy of the queries you use to create those users
and permissions so we can re-run them on the final system.

If I were to install MariaDB on the server it would be version 10.5.8,
so if you want to stick with MariaDB then I'd suggest working with that
version.

-- Chris