POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sci-Fi Scene Assets : Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets Server Time
1 Jul 2024 15:02:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sci-Fi Scene Assets
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Mar 2021 02:25:35
Message: <60447fef$1@news.povray.org>
Op 06/03/2021 om 23:32 schreef Robert McGregor:
[snip]
> The attached image shows my process for taking the raw render resulting from
> this code and making various greeble image maps from it. (A) is the image as
> rendered, (B) is that same image with quadrants offset diagonally (this is
> important for tiling). The others are composites of (B) layered over (A) using
> the different blending modes Darker Color, Multiply and Overlay. This is easily
> done in GIMP or PhotoShop, or even directly in POV-SDL using averaged pigment
> functions for the die-hard purists out there (hey, I still do it). The cool
> thing about this method is that the resulting images tile seamlessy (see the
> example in the bottom right).

This is excellent! I never went as far as this to tell the truth. Not
inspired enough probably :-)

However, this is an excellent procedure which I shall note carefully
down for future use. My HowTo's are expanding...

Another way using the sdl, would be through pigment_pattern use I guess.
I know! I "discovered" those recently and now I am proselytising in my
naive enthusiasm. ;-)

>> Your work has really paid off! It's inspiring.
>
> Thanks again, I really appreciate that. I like to think we all inspire each
> other here. I've seen some really interesting discussion and code from you and
> Thomas and Bald Eagle in this thread alone, and that's resulted in other new
> threads that further expand on and propagate the inspiration. Go Team!
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

The great thing about these ng's is the mutual stimulation and
inspiration. I have not experienced it to this high degree anywhere else.

--
Thomas