POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spiral Warp : Re: Spiral Warp Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:45:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral Warp
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 14 Feb 2021 00:46:52
Message: <6028b94c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/13/2021 7:17 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>> qtpovray *is* an unofficial patch.  Do you mean that you used only
>> standard POV-Ray 3.8 features?
>
> I think of a "patch" as a slightly modified version that includes things not
> available in the standard version.
>
> AFAIK, qtpovray is just an interface for 3.8 - which is as official as it's
> likely to get for a while.

One thing I've been pondering lately is that official is stuck/dead. My
plan is to not deviate from that.
OTOH, povr has some interesting features that would be nice to slurp.
And there is the .grey bug that has an easy fix that I really want to
incorporate. What to do?

--
dik
Rendered 50,081,587,200 of 50,081,587,200 pixels (100%)