POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane Server Time
28 Apr 2024 06:56:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Feb 2021 02:55:27
Message: <601cf9ef$1@news.povray.org>
Op 04/02/2021 om 13:51 schreef Mr:
>> Finally, after about four months.
>>
>> The scene is inspired by late nineteenth century paintings of the Late
>> Romantic school and Genre pieces.
>>
>> This is about the first scene were I made /really/ use of pigment
>> patterns (road, thatched roofs, dirt on walls) and the Displacement tool
>> in Poseray (thatched roofs). Those will be tools I shall come back too
>> frequently.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Great ! The perspective is very welcoming and background trees are quite
> detailed.

Thank you very much indeed. The whole scene is the result of a chain of
earlier scenes starting with the "Acres of Diamonds" Challenge at the
TC-RTC, continuing with "Storm Pending" last year, and now "A Quiet
Lane", all three based on the same landscape. The only difference now is
that the ground of the lane is a mesh2 object based on that part of the
original landscape (which is still present, hidden behind the farm houses).

--
Thomas