POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Feb 2021 02:49:06
Message: <601cf872$1@news.povray.org>
Op 04/02/2021 om 15:34 schreef Robert McGregor:
>> Finally, after about four months.
>>
>> The scene is inspired by late nineteenth century paintings of the Late
>> Romantic school and Genre pieces.
>>
>> This is about the first scene were I made /really/ use of pigment
>> patterns (road, thatched roofs, dirt on walls) and the Displacement tool
>> in Poseray (thatched roofs). Those will be tools I shall come back too
>> frequently.
>
> Wow, this is really impressive Thomas, nicely done sir! Nice lighting, it's such
> a pleasing composition and mood. And I see the cat made it into the shot :)
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Thanks indeed, Robert. I tried to keep the cat out, but it just jumped
over the screen edge and was lost. Found it there when I finished the
render, very pleased of itself.

I did an extensive research on period paintings and peasant costumes,
mainly 19th century to early 20th but with some excursions into earlier
ones, most notably Rembrandt and van der Heijden. Costumes I simplified
a little to keep Poser happy.

The trees are Xfrog's "The Noble One".

I tend to take more and more time to build my scenes carefully, also
taking much more time to try out (new) features. That is a good thing
certainly. You grow into it and now it is difficult to take leave. ;-|

--
Thomas