POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2D QRD Design Visualization : Re: 2D QRD Design Visualization Server Time
1 May 2024 07:08:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D QRD Design Visualization
From: MichaelJF
Date: 18 Jan 2021 13:27:11
Message: <6005d2ff$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.6002126d63494fcb87570eab0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> Cheers,
> Rob

Many, many thanks,

I was most surprised by your ligthing and will think a little bit about
your use of environment light. I never used it this way. Usually one has
highly reflective objects like Ash's teapot some weeks ago here. In your
case this light brightens the scene a bit while loosing contrast on the
other hand. But it has a very nice additional effect to blur the
shadows. May be this approach works better in POV than an area light.

Best regards
Michael