POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A long track to go : Re: A long track to go Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A long track to go
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Aug 2009 05:08:52
Message: <5vos855h3vf8d1c7apjsrol30rqomruqqe@4ax.com>
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:37:12 +0200, "Thomas de Groot"
<tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:

>> Also carriages without a connecting corridor or toilet. The phrase "Do you
>> need
>> to go?" was said a lot to children.
>
>I remember those only from the UK....

We heard rumours that the train carriages on the continent were better. They
even had toilets and you could buy food :). Truthfully I can only vaguely
remember those sort of trains and they weren't long distance ones.
I remember in 1957 been taken from Glasgow to Sky on the train to catch the
steamer to Stornoway. That was a corridor train but the year before going to
Largs on a Sunday School trip, it had unconnected compartments.
--

Regards
     Stephen