POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Maths problem : Re: Maths problem Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Maths problem
From: Kyle
Date: 4 Apr 2008 06:58:23
Message: <5l5cv399sd04h64t3p0gtse902q31hfj6o@4ax.com>
On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:56:55 +0100, Doctor John <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>Ah. The famous DBTAI! (Debugging by talking about it)
>This explains the phenomenon of colleagues coming up and telling you in
>immense detail about a problem and then leaving, before you have a
>chance to say a word, saying "Thanks very much for the help."

I do that to my wife all the time.  She's non-technical, but she'll sit and listen to
me drone on about electronics or programming projects, she'll sit and watch me draw
elaborate diagrams on paper
napkins at the spur of the moment, all without saying much of anything except
"mmm-hmm" when she feels it's appropriate.  It sure helps me figure things out
sometimes, even though she provides no
input.  Then again, I'm sure she's afraid to ask me to elaborate on any points she
doesn't comprehend.