POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash inside two #while : Re: crash inside two #while Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash inside two #while
From: Mike Williams
Date: 11 Jan 2002 14:48:49
Message: <5fppYDATF0P8EwXi@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Tom Melly who wrote:
>Here's an oddity. The modified code below outputs this to #debug:
>
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>-1.#J
>
>Huh?

I think it's trying to say "-1.#IND", indicating an invalid number.
Because you only allowed it to display 2 places of decimals, it has
rounded up the "I" to "J". In the same way, if you allow 1 or 3 places
of decimals it will round the "#" up to "$" or the "N" up to "O"
respectively.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure